With the focus of the world on tackling the ongoing climate crisis never has there been a time where utility providers have faced more scrutiny or pressure to operate efficiently.
Whether they deliver electricity, water or gas, utility providers often operate in remote areas with little or no means of traditional communication – satellite connections provide them with a way to communicate and operate effectively and safely.
The growth of renewable energy suggests that utilities networks will continue to expand into areas with little in the way of existing communications networks – according to the US Energy Information Administration, the consumption of biofuels, geothermal, solar, and wind energy in the United States in 2019 was nearly three times greater than in 2000. All these sectors involve development and maintenance of a network that is isolated and will benefit greatly from the remote monitoring that a satellite connection can offer.
Whatever the sector or the communication requirement, Orbsat provides satellite communications which enable utilities providers to protect and monitor valuable networks, pipelines and equipment, as well as their personnel, anywhere in the world.
* Renewable energy explained – US Energy Efficiency Administration
Our Satellite Communications Solutions for Utilities:
- Our satellite tracking modules can be integrated with sensors to detect leakages in pipelines, malfunction within the network and enable automation of processes.
- We provide satellite trackers to reliably track personnel working in remote or dangerous environments.
- Our high-speed satellite internet terminals allow remote offices to be rapidly deployed and critical information to be sent or received efficiently.
- We provide a full range of two-way, shortwave, longwave and push-to-talk radios to cover all voice communication requirements.
Case Study: Scottish Water tracking the movements of more than 300 lone workers.
Over 300 SPOT Gen3 Satellite Trackers were deployed to Scottish Water employees working alone or in areas with unreliable or non-existent cellular coverage.
“With reliable satellite communications, we can get help to our employees whenever it is needed and wherever they might be. SPOT is a lifeline providing reassurance to families and colleagues that each lone worker is in safe hands.” said Kes Juskowiak, Water Operations General Manager at Scottish Water.