The marine sector is one which has no option but to rely on satellite networks for communication and safety purposes. From the recreational weekend sailor to multi-billion dollar shipping companies operating across the globe, and everyone in between, the possibilities for satellite communication applications in the marine sector are endless.
It is estimated that there are more than 30 million leisure and fishing vessels around the world, many of which require satellite enabled devices for communication and safety.
Focusing on the global shipping market, according to the World Shipping Council there are more than 5,000 container ships operating globally with over 390 new vessels on order.* Not only do these ships require satellite communications but increasingly the containers themselves are tracked and monitored individually using satellite and RFID technology to improve the accuracy of global supply chains.
Whether it be for business or leisure purposes, Orbsat’s satellite technology provides a critical line of communication to the marine sector.
* Liner Ships – World Shipping Council
Our Marine Satellite Communications Solutions:
- Our range of satellite trackers can be used to monitor vessels and containers measuring speed, current location and past movements.
- We provide satellite tracking modules which can be configured with sensors to detect container door opening, narcotics detection, movement inside the container, changing levels of radiation, humidity, temperature or water intake inside the container.
- We are a leading supplier of SOS beacons including PLBs and EPRIBs which can be issued to crew to call for help in the event of an emergency either on-board in a man overboard situation.Our high-speed satellite internet terminals enable vessels to communicate with on-shore teams and can also be used to enhance crew welfare by keeping them connected with family and friends on land.
- We provide a full range of two-way, AIS and push-to-talk marine radios to allow communications anywhere at sea